Fr. Evangelos Georgiadis
Fr. Georgiadis was born in Lekka, Samos, Greece, on September 9, 1930. My parents were Christodoulos and Anezina Georgiadis.
In 1955, He graduated from the Seminary of the Island of Patmos which he had attended for seven years. In 1960, He graduated from Holy Cross Theological School and continued his education at the Boston University with help of the Taylor Scholarship.
1960, He married the former Anastasia Toulopoulos of Dorchester, Massachusetts. They have three children: Christodoulos, George and Anna-Maria. We have been blessed with three grandchildren: Evangelos, Joseph Evangelos, and Anastasia Joyce.
He has served in the following parishioners:
- Saint Demetrios, Chicago, Illinois
- The Dormition of the Virgin Mary, Burlington, Vermont
- The Annunciation, Woburn, Massachusetts
- Church of the Holy Apostles Peter & Paul, Haverhill, Massachusetts
- The Dormition of The Virgin Mary, Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Saint Demetrios, Fall River, Massachusetts
Some of Father’s accomplishment:
- Served as a member of the National Council of Presbyters President of New England Clergy Brotherhood.
- Broadcasted on a religious program on WHAV radio station every Sunday and he continued to serve as a member of the Ecclesiastical Spiritual Court .
- He was appointed Chaplain of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island Served on the committee for the Renovation of Ronald McDonald House, Providence, Rhode Island.
- Elected a member of the Board of Directors of the Ronald McDonald House, Providence, Rhode Island.
- In 1963, I received the Offikion of Sakelion from His Eminence Archbishop lakovos in Burlington, Vermont.
- In 1967, I received the Offikion of Hieromnimon from His Eminence Archbishop lakovos at the Annunciation Church in Woburn, Massachusetts
- In 1972, I received the Offikion of Oikonomos from His Grace Bishop Demetrios of Vresthena in Haverhill, Massachusetts
- In 1985, I received the Offikion of Protopresbyter of the Ecumenical Throne from His Eminence Archbishop lakovos.