The Epistle RCA Newsletter was created by Fr. John Zanetos which was not continued. When Fr. Gaines became president Fr. Vieron volunteered to undertake and continued the newsletter promoted it vigorously and gave it roots. As the Epistle evolved it became a vehicle to bring all the retirees together. Fr. Vieron decides to resign as editor after 17 years of services. Some controversy developed and he decided to resign. Frs. Soteropoulos and Gigicos flew to Memphis with hope of changing his mind, but he refused.
Presbytera Niki Stephanopoulos assume the editorship of the Epistle. She collected the material and the layout was handled by Father Soteropoulos. After three months she requested to be released of he obligation because interfered with her travel plans.
At this point, the Board of Trustees assumed the Editorship of the Epistle. Father Nicholas assumed the layout and printing responsibility.
Two pieces of equipment were purchased: a color printer and a digital ink printer. We now do our own printing, not only the Epistle but all the printing needs.
An Editorial Committee has been set up and developed the following policy:
- News about retired clergy and Presvyteres.
- Information to help clergy in retirement.
- Articles of interest to retired clergy submitted by members of RCA.
- Humor, jokes, cartoons.
- Eulogies of those who died. Eulogies would be limited to half page. Each eulogy would appear only once.
- There would be no news from Archdiocese or Metropolises unless it dealt directly with the retired clergy and RCA.
We welcome photos, articles, news from and about members. We like to include information on what our fellow clergy are doing in retirement.